Monday 13 May 2013

Easy2Boot BETA29v5 available

This version has some more tidying up.
All headings can now be set in the Menu.lst (of course, you should not change menu.lst but copy it to MyMenu.lst and it will be used instead!).
The Footer help colour doesn't need to be the same colour as the heading now - it can be set in mymenu.lst.

I have also included two optional test files (delete them if you don't want them!):
blue.bmp.gz - a background picture
TEST_MyMenu.lst - rename this to MyMenu.lst to see how you can change the colours, background and menu position, menu headings and footer text, etc. (see screenshot below).

As well as some text colours being changed, the headings have been padded out to be central (ish) on the menu box. Also, the console background is dark blue to match the bitmap colour better. Try it for some inspiration!

Note with the TEST_MyMenu.lst file, the menu has been moved to the centre. This causes problems with the help text just under the menu as grub4dos can only print help text up to column 79 before it wraps the text to the next line - see below.


1 comment:

  1. Following on from the post I made on the other dev blog post, I've done a bit more testing and come to the following conclusions...

    The freeze I got when it asked to press S to add drivers, it appears this was caused by me spamming the F6 key when it said press F6 to add drivers. If I just tap F6 once, it works correctly.

    The other problem I had when installing XP using a windows 8 iso seems to have been a one off. I originally used a win7 iso, but I saw you said to use win8 if possible, so I did and it worked correctly.

    During my testing I've come across an easier way to sort the mass storage drivers in the 2 part install. If you visit driverpacks.net there are instructions on how to slipstream all mass storage drivers into an XP iso. It only adds something small like 5-10Mb to the iso, but it also means you don't have to worry about installing in IDE mode only, or finding the right driver. You can slipstream this and it will install on anything. Takes literally 5 mins to slipstream an iso, if that.

    ReplyDelete